Sunday, September 28, 2008

The not so great bike ride

This weekend was a gorgeous weekend so we decided to take a bike ride on the Monon Trail. We loaded up the bikes and the girl's trailer and headed off (10:00am). Ryan got directions from his blackberry and it took us the most ridiculous way right through the ghetto. We finally got there at 10:45. I have to admit I was at this point annoyed. Another 30 minutues passed as we hooked up the girls to the bike and wondered around trying to figure out where to get onto the Monon. We finally figured it out and were making our way down the busy street when Ryan's peddle fell off. So we pull over into a parking lot and spend another 15 minutes trying to fix it only to figure out it is not fixable and we have to go home. I now am beyond annoyed and may have thrown out something about Ryan being thrown into the White River. We finally make it back to Broadripple park and decide to go ahead and eat our picnic lunch and let the girls play on the park. Abby wondered why we chose to drive so far to get to a park when there was one so close to our house. Excellent question Abby!! I am wondering why there are so many people dressed in unusual outfits at the park. As we venture further we discover that it is Indy's pagen pride day. Great!! Ryan asks if I want to check it out. He obviously did not know what it was and after googling it he changes his mind. The girls ended up having fun at the park and it was beautiful out so it was not totally wasted, but seriously, next time we will stick to riding around the neighborhood!!

3 comments:

jamie said...

Too funny!! I am just so glad to hear that this kind of stuff happens to everybody...I thought it was just to us!!

Lee Anne said...

That cracks me up - sounds like stuff that happens to us all the time! (Gary is always getting "thrown into the river"!)

Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud...because that is totally something that would happen to Joel and I!