Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sick Girls

Yesterday Abby spiked a temp of 102 at her Nana's house. Then when she got home she threw up and didn't quite make it to the bathroom. She threw up all over the carpet and the wall. Conveniently, I was at work and it was cleaned up by the time I got home. (I love when it works out that way!) This morning she woke up complaining of a sore throat and Claire woke up with a temperature. This is the first time Claire has ever been sick. Ryan took the morning off to take them to the doctor. (yes, it is very impressive that he took two sick girls to the doctor by himself...good job Ryan!) It ended up being a virus that usually lasts 10 days. Oh the fun of going back to school. I should use the day to catch up on laundry but there is something about sick kids that makes you lazy. So the day is going to be filled with movies and naps (for me too!) Pray that the girls recover quickly!

While Ryan was at the doctor, I went to my follow up appointment for my foot. It still is infected so I get another round of anibiotics and a follow up next week. I am still grounded from running. It feels much better and it does not hurt to walk on it anymore. It just looks nasty still. I think I will consult another doctor at work tomorrow.

Just a little side note: Claire randomly counted to ten yesterday. I have no idea where she learned to count. I don't frequently walk around the house counting to ten! Maybe Abby taught her when I wasn't paying attention. Since we all made such a big deal out of it, she thinks she is the coolest thing ever and counts nonstop. We are going to get it on video tape when she is feeling better and we will post it.

No comments: