Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My 29th Birthday!

Sunday was my 29th birthday. Man, I feel old! Ryan and I went out on Saturday night to celebrate. We went to Maggiano's. Neither of us had ever been and we loved it. I ordered a chocolate martini and got carded. Of course I did not have my ID on me and he was seriously going to deny me. Luckily Ryan remembered that he had one of my ID's back from our bar days. So all was good and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Then we went to the fashion mall. It is my favorite mall because I love to go to all of the home stores there. Ryan grudgingly agreed, since he has no veto power on my birthday. Sunday, my family all got together at my mom's. We ate spaghetti and then had ice cream cake. (Yes I am very predictable). Ryan went a little overboard on presents this year(I am not complaining). I got a pass to the YMCA, an ipod, juicy perfume, and the best gift of all....a carpet steam cleaner. I am in love with it and it might just be my favorite thing to do!! So if anyone randomly stops by some afternoon, they will probably find me steam cleaning something! If anyone has some dirty carpet just give me a call!! :)


5 comments:

McDermott Fam said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I didn't remember on Sunday! It sounds like you had a great weekend and got some great gifts. I would enjoy a steam cleaner about that much...its kind of sad but funny too. :)

julia @say you will love me forever said...

Ok, you know you're an old mom when you get and actually LOVE cleaning devices as presents. It was Dave K's b-day Sunday too. He's a bit older and probably didn't get a steam cleaner though! julia.

Lee Anne said...

Will you come clean my carpet? It's filthy! Actually, you ought to come over some time and hang out - the kids would probably have fun!

Meg said...

Well you know I would LOVE a steam cleaner for my bday. I actually think I shoudl just find a hot guy to date that works at Stanley Steamer...free cleanings!

Cant believe your 29...youre old....were old...kidding but I am very scared about turning 30...I think we should do some crazy trip when we all begin to turn 30...I brainstorm.

Meg said...

Gosh seeing that table brings back so many memories. I wonder how many late night conversations about boys and other random things did we have there. Not to mention all of the birthday cakes that made their debut on that table over the years. I want to be 16 again!!!