Sunday, November 30, 2008

The cousins

We had a crazy week at our house. Ryan's sister and her family came up for the week from Atlanta. They have two kids Erin 8 and Joel 5. We don't get to see them that much so we love it when they come to stay. All four kids had a blast playing with each other for the week. The house was LOUD and hectic. Here is a picture of the kids watching wall-e. I think they watched it 3 times that week.


Of course they had lots of time to play the Wii. (Ryan didn't mind having other kids to play with him for hours on end.)
Ryan brought home a BIG surprise for the kids over Thanksgiving weekend. 9 baby chicks. The kids freaked out when they saw them and were so excited to play with them. We did have some casualties and now we are down to 3. I think these three are going to make it and they are pecking away at the box as I type this post. I don't think they had a chance after the kids handled them. They were dropped, flipped, and probably scared to death!!










I love this picture of Erin and Claire! As you can see by Claire's face we had just eaten ice cream sundaes.






The whole week, Abby followed Erin around. Abby did EVERYTHING just like her. Erin was a good sport and let her tag along and copy her every move.




The older kids got to make gingerbread houses with Nana. Claire hung around just in case there were any "loose" pieces. I still frequently find her chewing on candy she has picked off of the house.












We went the the children's museum one day and the kids had a blast. Here is joel sticking his head out of the submarine. I don't think he paused for more than 2 seconds the entire day.



They got out a parachute for the kids to play with. I think this was my fav part!!


For Thanksgiving my side of the family and Ryan's fam went over to my sister's house to eat. Here is my poor mom in the kitchen all by herself. The rest of the family is off playing.




Here we are making our "Black Friday" plans. Vicki, Sarah, and I went shopping for 10 hours on Friday. It was insane, but has become our little tradition. The guys took all of the kids to chuckie cheese.

I found Carmen sneaking this cookie and thought it was too cute!

















2 comments:

jamie said...

Awe it looks like you all had such a nice week of visiting. How fun! Hey, I have to know where he found the chicks...I am wanting to get Carter one for Easter.

Erica Russell said...

Ryan got the baby chicks from one of the teacher's at school. The kids get them as eggs and watch them hatch. We were just babysitting for the weekend. Hope she isn't mad at the casualties.