Thursday, August 28, 2008

Infected Foot

Well, today I am supposed to be at work. Instead, I am at home on the couch watching TV. I got a preatty bad blister a couple of weeks ago and it turned into a big old infection. I went to the doctor yesterday in fear that they would admit me for IV antibiotics. Instead she told me I was not supposed to walk on it, no working, soak it 4 times a day, and come back in a week for a follow up appointment. The part that made me the maddest is no running for at least one week :(. I have to say that there is no way I could run, I can barely put pressure on it and am resorting to crawling to get anywhere. My ankle looks like a large brick, red and swollen. It throbs like crazy and I have pain shooting up my calf. I think I am going to give Ryan a heart attack by the end of this ordeal. He woke me up a thousand times last night asking me if I was ok. The moral of the story... take care of your blisters! Given my occupation, you would think I would do a better job at it. Oh well, lesson learned!

3 comments:

cglass said...

Wow Erica! Who would have thought a little blister could do all that. I hope you and your foot get better soon.

Christie

McDermott Fam said...

Ooooouch! Sorry to hear about your foot. It sounds painful. I bet you are made about not being able to work out. You'll get back to it soon. Just enjoy some time off I guess. Maybe we will see you guys Sunday....Take care!

Lee Anne said...

Yikes! Sounds horrible! I hope it gets better soon.